Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adventures in Flip Flops

Hello! So much has happened and it will take me a little while to catch up, so lets get started! I had a great Pioneer Day with Miss Makenzie Pitcher! We left Logan in the morning and drove to Grace, ID to pick up her siblings and head to Lava Hot Springs. Grace is SO small! Kenzy kept trying to prepare me, but I did not see the small house turned into public library coming! Seriously so tiny, but it was cute! Lava was great! I haven't been there for ages and it was fun to hang out and go off some pretty awesome water slides. When we got back to Grace Kenzy gave me a tour of her grandparents farm. I got to see sheep, cows, bulls, some SUPER smelly, but cute pigs (I may or may not have gagged), and just the awesome farm itself. Farms are just cool. Made remember when my dad gave me a tour of my grandparents farm in Rexburg. It's just such a different life than the one I live, it's fascinating. After touring her farm we went to her neighbors farm to take care of his animals because he was out of town...or something. We drove over on a four wheeler which was so much fun! I haven't rode on one for a long time! I got to herd goats! Or rather watch Kenzy and her brother herd goats. There were some baby piggys too, cute! They fed the baby bull calves from the goats which was pretty crazy to watch. Unfortunately I did all of this in flip flops, which isn't the best foot wear to choose when walking around farms. Had I known we were going to have so many adventures I definitely would have prepared better. Overall it was a fantastic day! Here are some pictures.
Kenzy's awesome pen cap cruise control. It wont work without it.
The Pitcher's kitty Max. He loves me.

Feeding the bull calves.
What we look like after swimming, a four wheeler ride, and a stroll around two farms. Admit it, you're jealous of that hair.


On Thursday I was finally able to go to the Temple! It made me super happy. It was fun to go with my ward and get to know them a little better...even if I'm leaving in two weeks. It was really cool because a non-member came with us. She walked around the Temple while we did baptisms and afterward we talked about the Temple. We then got talking about the Brigham City Temple openhouse and told her that she could go in and see all of the rooms even though she's not a member. She got really excited about that. I hope she gets the chance to go and hope she becomes a member! The church is amazing and can bless our lives in so many ways!!!
The rest of that week was pretty unadventurous. I worked a lot and played Donkey Kong on Super Nintendo. I'm so happy Kenzy bought that beautiful, ancient device. It seriously brought tears to my eyes when the Donkey Kong music started playing.... a little ridiculous I know. I came home Tuesday night for a week at home. Wednesday my good pal Brit called me and we went to the airport to welcome Miss Karianne Knowles home from her mission. It was great to see her and great to catch up with Brit as we waited. We decided to make a whole day out of this little outing. We went up to the U and met my mom for lunch and then met up with Ryan. We went to Station Park to walk around....which ended up being a walk around Gordman's and then went swimming at Farmington pool. Oh my goodness did it feel good! It was SO hot that day. Here's a picture of Ryan and Brit messing around in the toy aisle.
                                             
They're pretty awesome. Later that night we went country dancing at the Union Station in Ogden. I have been spoiled! The Logan peeps are so much better, but it was fun. I think the most entertaining thing was being allowed to watch Brit and Ryan pursue the young ladies and hear their thought process while doing so. I've never been allowed in like that so to speak. It was great! We drove by the Ogden Temple that night on our way home. It is so big and not even finished yet! I couldn't believe it. It looks about triple the size of Brigham City. I'm excited to see it when it's finished.

Oh goodness this is getting long, no worries we're almost finished. Folks, I'm officially 22! Where in the world is my life going? I can't believe I'm a college graduate and certified teacher. I have to choose what insurance I want over the next few weeks.... weird. Anywho, for my birthday I went to the District building and got everything ready for teaching. I went and visited my grandparents after that and spent the rest of the afternoon with them. They are great people if you didn't know. I could sit and talk with them for hours. My mom met us there after work and we had some birthday cake (courtesy of Miss Whitney Smith)

 and then went to City Creek to walk around. It was my first time, that place is crazy cool! I loved the creek that went all the way through. It was a great birthday that ended with some chocolate covered strawberries....my favorite! Yum!

This weekend I got to go to my cabin with my roomies from this past year! It was so much fun to see them and just relax, play games, and go shopping! Ariel's birthday was the fourth and mine was the second so we had a great party weekend! I love them all so much and I'm bummed the weekend went so fast. They are all great/amazing girls and we will be life long friends for sure! That's it for now! I'm going to enjoy the evening with the fam before I head back to Logan tomorrow. Much Love!




No comments:

Post a Comment