Monday, October 22, 2012

The Holy Temple

Saturday was a fantastic day, a day I thought I would have to wait a lot longer for. Braden and I went through the Temple and received our endowments. It was amazing to be there with him and to finally be able to do something I've wanted to do for so long.

As mentioned previously the last three and a half years haven't been the easiest. I've had to rely on my Heavenly Father for strength to survive this ordeal and to make it through the typical struggles that come during the early adult years. By relying on Him I was able to come to know him very well. During my sophomore year of college my roommate KaeDee taught Temple Prep in our ward. I began attending to support her and soon discovered that I had a very strong desire to go through the Temple and wanted to right then. I prayed and kept preparing and was on the verge of discussing it with my Bishop when I was prompted to wait. I was heartbroken. Over the last three years I have continued to attend Temple prep, hoping to get as much of the Temple as possible. Every time I checked a customer out at Lowe's and saw the gold recommend in their wallet it almost brought me to tears. Every time an institute teacher asked who was endowed and I couldn't raise my hand I'd get sad again. I so wanted to take this next step and get to know my Heavenly Father and His gospel better. Back when I received the answer to wait I thought that when Braden went through I would reconsider it again, and that felt right, and before I knew it that time had come.

Again, I started really pondering and praying about it. I went and talked to my bishop which was a little scary since a lot of girls don't just go through to go through.  He said he would pray about it and that I should continue to attend Temple Prep. Then......he got released. So I had to gather my courage again and go to my new bishop. May I just bear testimony of the mantle Bishop's have and the inspiration they receive? It became obvious very quickly that the Bishop was able to look deep inside me and know my desire was sincere and honest, even from our first meeting. Being a little young in their eyes my bishop and stake president were both a little hesitant, but once again, after meeting with them I truly felt they understood me and more importantly that my Savior was telling me through them that he supported my decision. I will never forget the walk out of the stake center holding my completely filled out gold recommend. My time had come, I was going through the Temple!

Saturday was nerve wracking and as everyone says very different. It didn't help that about every Temple worker asked me if I was Braden's fiance or where I was going to serve my mission. But I was so happy to be there and to make covenants with my Heavenly Father. The gospel is true and I can't wait to return to the Temple again and again to continue to learn all that my Heavenly Father desires me to. It was amazing to be there with my family and I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to go frequently with Braden until he leaves for his mission. I love the Temple, I love this gospel, I love my Heavenly Father and His plan for all of us. We are all so very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment